February 7, 2011

Packers Win It!

    Its finally over. After we all waited for two weeks for the game, it is over. And the Green Bay Packers emerged victorious.

Nick Collins after his INT TD return
    I did not get my prediction correct, but it was a close game. And I still did predict a close game. But regardless, a great win for Green Bay. They deserve it.

    In my predictions I said that the Packers needed a passing day from Aaron Rodgers. And that was the case with a huge game. Over 300 passing yards, three touchdowns, and a 111.5 rating. Also as I said, there would not be much of a running game from the Packers. That turned out to be the case.

    I also said that Pittsburgh would not win this game through passing, but by running. And while they did not win, the pass was not very successful. However it was more effective then the run, but then again the run bailed them out in some parts of the game.

    Green Bay played great. But the Pittsburgh defense played awful. That is why I feel the Packers were able to win this game.

    Another thing that is on my mind is that nothing memorable happened. Outside of the state of Wisconsin, who is going to remember this Super Bowl in five years? What big thing happened that will make it stand out? When you take a look back here at the recent Super Bowls, and what happened in those that help you remember them today, you will see:


2010- Saints and the city of New Orleans come together to win first Super Bowl in franchise history.

2009- Steelers drive down the field and Santonio Holmes wins the game with a shoe string catch. (right)



2008- The Giants, who started 0-2, and win the next 11 road games, upset the undefeated Pats in the Super Bowl with the "Helmet Catch". (left)

2007- Future Hall Of Famer Peyton Manning wins first Super Bowl in rainy Tampa Bay.

2006- Steelers end drought and beat Seahawks as many outside of Pittsburgh question refs.

    The list goes on and on. But in this game? What was so special about this game that would make us remember it in 2016? If you can tell me leave it in the comments but I just don't see anything.

    And to top it all off the commercials were dreadful this year.

     I am still very happy for Green Bay and I congratulate them on a wonderful season!


No comments:

Post a Comment